Job Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant (Student Position) 2017
Applications due by: June 19th, 2017
This job offers an opportunity for you to work directly with the Electric City Culture Council (EC3) staff
and consulting marketing and design specialists to assist the development of marketing and
communications plans for EC3's 2017 arts, culture and heritage public programming activities.
Under the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, this opportunity is for people aged 15 to 30 years who
are currently full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year. Candidate
must be eligible for work in Canada.
The successful candidate will assist in the development and delivery of marketing and communication
plans and campaigns for a number of events including:
- A marketing and communications campaign for the EC3 Arts Awards and the Mayor's Luncheon for the Arts.
- A brand identity project for EC3.
- Two Canada 150 Celebration events
1. A downtown street festival featuring large scale video installations and performance art.
2. The launch of our Peterborough walking tour “Timeless”, a “map and app” project that links heritage sites and architecture with contemporary public identities and marketing tools and vehicles to apply to both local and tourism audiences.
- Artsweek: A 10 day multidisciplinary arts festival that takes place across the city and includes over 100 artists.
- Provide assistance with design and delivery of marketing campaigns across multiple digital, broadcast and print platforms. This will include developing plans, editing text, sourcing and selecting photos, establishing release schedules, making videos, managing databases, organizing volunteers, and documenting and archiving campaign materials in both digital and print formats.
- Provide production support for media conferences and program launches. This may include venue booking, developing media kits, production support and arranging signage.
- Assisting with special marketing initiatives such as pop-up arts events.
- Representing EC3 at a variety of other community events with flyers and other peripheral marketing materials.
- Ability to take initiative, plan and organize projects from beginning to end
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good judgment and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team
- Proficiency with a variety of social media platforms
- Knowledge of the arts and the Peterborough community a definite asset
- Education or experience in marketing and communication
30 hours per week
7 week position begins on July 10th, 2017, ends on August 26th, 2017
Hourly Rate of Pay
$11.40 per hour
591 Gilmour Street, Peterborough ON
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Su Ditta, EC3 Executive Director
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will receive a response to the
The Electric City Culture Council (EC3) is a not-for-profit service organization providing support to the
arts, culture and heritage sector in Peterborough and the surrounding region. Our mission is to build
and strengthen the sector through a variety of programs and services.
EC3 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from self-identified members of
underserved communities including Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities, new Canadians, as well
as visible and invisible minority groups.